Peter Sherlock is our professional tennis coach, with over 30 years experience.
He is PTRcertified, CRB cleared and has current first aid certification. He is an honorary member of our club, a member of our committee and an expert in all tennis matters in the Plymouth area. Besides being a valued asset of our club, he is also Vice-Chair of the Plymouth and District League.
Peter runs a variety of activities, throughout the year at Whiteford Road, to encourage players to improve their game and enhance their enjoyment of tennis such as…
- Tennis ‘Camps’ (aged 6 to 12) – weekdays during Easter and Summer holidays.
- Early Stages Tennis (generally aged 5 to 8) – Mondays – 4.30 to 5.30 pm
- Junior girls – Tuesdays – 4.30 to 5.30 pm
- Improvers (generally aged 8 to 10) – Thursdays – 4.30 to 5.30 pm
- Progressing juniors (under 18 years) – Saturday – 8 to 10 am – throughout the year.
For junior tennis coaching dates September – December click here – Groups Sept to Dec 2013
- Intermediate adult players – evening sessions (6 to 7 pm – daylight permitting) – to improve your strokes or techniques for matchplay.
- Social adult players – daytime sessions - to improve your game in a friendly environment.
- Customised coaching – for groups of players (friends or colleagues) – can be arranged to suit your needs.
- Individual coaching – by arrangement for individuals or groups.
Besides coaching, Peter can also provide a full racquet stringing service with an annual service after the winter months which will include as necessary, a new grip, a re-string and where possible replacement grommets or a new head guard and all grommets. Prices will be competitive and in many cases can be done overnight – call Peter on 01752 404644.
For more information on past, present and future coaching opportunities please enter “coaching” in the search box at the top right of any page or call Peter on 01752 404644.